7 Best Tips For Canadian Citizens Travelling To Japan And Hong Kong

If you’re planning on travelling to Japan or Hong Kong this year, it’s important to know the ins and outs of the visa process. In this post, we’ll outline the steps required for citizens of both Canada and Japan, as well as provide tips on preparation for your trip. Be sure to check back soon for more travel tips! CANADA VISA FOR JAPANESE CITIZENS

How to Get a Japan Visa

To get a Japan visa, Canadian citizens must:

-have a valid passport that is at least six months beyond the date of your planned stay in Japan

-have a return ticket to Canada or proof of sufficient funds to cover your stay in Japan

-not be a threat to public order or national security

-submit an application online at the Japanese Embassy website:


-include your full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number and photo ID

-pay the JAPAN VISA FEE (currently $160 CAD) when you submit your application

How to Get a Hong Kong Visa

If you are a Canadian citizen, travelling to Japan and/or Hong Kong is definitely on your agenda! Both countries are renowned for their stunning scenery, delicious food, and friendly people. Here are some tips on how to get a visa for each country: CANADA VISA FOR HONG KONG CITIZENS

To get a visa for Japan, you will need to submit an application online or at an embassy or consulate. You can also apply in person if you are travelling during the low season. The application fee is ¥2,500 (~$30).

For Hong Kong, you will need to visit the Immigration Department in person. The application fee is HKD200 (~$27). If you are not already registered with the government, you will need to do so before submitting your application. Once registered, you can submit your application online or by mail. You must provide valid Identification Documents (e.g., passport), evidence of financial resources (e.g., bank statements), and a letter of invitation from your host organization.

What To Bring With You When Travelling To Japan or Hong Kong

When travelling to Japan or Hong Kong, it is important to be aware of the specific visa requirements for each destination. Both countries have strict rules about who is allowed into the country and what type of visa is required.

When travelling to Japan, Canadian citizens must have a Japanese visa if they are travelling for tourism purposes. Citizens of other countries must have a valid visa and international passport. If you are travelling for business purposes, you will need to apply for a Business Visa.

To enter Hong Kong, Canadian citizens must have a valid visa if they are travelling for tourism purposes only. If you are travelling for business purposes, you will need to apply for a Business Visa.

Useful Phone Numbers

  1. If you’re travelling to Japan, be sure to have a valid passport and visa.
  2. In Hong Kong, remember that you must carry your passport with you at all times and have it signed out if you’re staying more than 90 days in a six-month period.
  3. For emergency numbers in both Japan and Hong Kong, dial 112 for Japan or 999 for Hong Kong.
  4. If you need to get in touch with your embassy or consulate, the numbers are as follows:


Whether you are travelling to Japan or Hong Kong for business or pleasure, it is always a good idea to be aware of the safety and security precautions that need to be taken. In this article, we have compiled seven essential tips that will help you make the most of your trip and avoid any potential trouble. Take a read and see what you can apply to your own travel plans!