With the recent attention given to human rights violations in Canada and India, a lot of people are looking for ways to avoid them. The first step is understanding what kind of visa you need. Canadians often need an Indian Visa – but if you need to enter at an airport or land in India without passing through Canadian customs, then you’ll want to make sure that your visas are in order.
What type of Indian Visa is necessary for Canadian Citizens?
The Indian visa process can be a bit confusing for Canadians, so it’s important to know the different types of visas before travelling to India. INDIAN VISA FOR CANADIAN CITIZENS The most common type of visa for tourists is the tourist visa. This visa allows you to stay in India for 60 days and visit all the major tourist destinations. However, you must have a return ticket and proof of funds to leave India after your trip. If you’re planning on doing business in India, you’ll need an investor visa. This type of visa allows foreigners to invest in businesses in India and gain residency after two years. You must have at least $1 million dollars worth of investment and be able to provide proof of your investment. Finally, if you want to study in India, you’ll need a student visa. This type of visa allows students from around the world to study in India for up to 6 months. You must have a valid passport, a course certificate, and enough money for your tuition fees.
Passport and Visa Requirements
Before traveling to India, it is important to familiarize yourself with the passport and visa requirements. India is a member of the World Trade Organization (WTO) and therefore participates in many of the same visa requirements as other countries. INDIAN VISA AIRPORTS FOR ENTRY
Required Documents for a Indian Visa:
-Your valid passport
-Two recent passport-size photographs
-Proof of your financial resources in the form of a bank statement, current credit card statement, or recent salary certificate (less than 6 months old)
-Your airline ticket to India
-Proof of your onward/return travel arrangements*
*If you are visiting India for less than 30 days and are not staying in a hotel, you may be able to present an invitation letter from a friend or relative in India. Note that this letter must be dated within 6 months of when you plan to depart from India.
How to Acquire an Indian Visa if you are not a Canadian Citizen
If you are not a Canadian citizen, you may be able to acquire an Indian visa if you have the following:
-A valid passport that is still valid for travel to India
-An onward ticket or reservation
– Proof of sufficient funds (around $60-$100 per day)
– Proof of hotel reservation if staying in India for more than 72 hours
– A letter of invitation from an Indian friend or family member
If all of the above criteria are met, you will need to provide your passport photo, visa application form, and other required documents to an Indian embassy or consulate.
Steps and Documents to Secure an Indian Visa
If you are planning a trip to India, securing a visa is essential. The process can be daunting, but with some careful planning and preparation, it can be done relatively easily. Here are the steps you need to take to secure an Indian visa:
- Check the validity of your passport. Indian visas are valid for six months from the date of issuance. Make sure your passport is valid for the entire period of your planned stay in India. If your passport is expired or not fully up-to-date, you may not be able to travel to India.
- Collect the necessary documents. To qualify for an Indian visa, you will need a valid passport, a return plane ticket, proof of hotel reservation and sufficient funds (in euros or rupees) for your travels. Some documents that may be helpful include: proof of citizenship (e.g., birth certificate, driver’s license), recent photos (3 inches square), application form and letter of invitation from an Indian resident or business owner.
- Complete the visa application form and submit it along with the required documents to the Indian embassy or consulate closest to your residence. You may also be able to submit your application online through